Virtual Earthquake Reconnaissance Team (VERT) Subcommittee
The purpose of VERT is to provide opportunities for graduate students, early career professionals, and young faculty within the EERI organization to be involved in post-earthquake reconnaissance through the EERI Learning from Earthquakes (LFE) program. Our mission includes the following:
- Explore ways that VERT volunteers can contribute to the EERI response in ways that are meaningful and relevant to the specific situation.
- Activate and implement the response plan discussed with the LFE Executive Committee upon occurrence of any major earthquake in need of virtual reconnaissance.
- Provide pertinent information to the reconnaissance teams being deployed through the EERI, partner organizations, and supporting companies.
- Provide post-reconnaissance trip data-processing for teams deployed through EERI, partner organizations, and supporting companies.
- Work with local EERI members to gather real-time information about the state of the community after the earthquake.
- Disseminate most recent virtual earthquake reconnaissance information to the EERI community via the EERI Virtual Clearinghouse.
Additional information regarding past accomplishments and the responsibilities of VERT is included in the following slideshow: About VERT
Interested members may sign-up for VERT here: New Member Sign-up